Date(s) - 06/20/2023
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sorry, but this class is full.
Weston Shooters Club
This is the class required to apply for a License To Carry (LTC) or a Firearms Identification Card (FID) in Massachusetts. Upon completion of this class, you will receive your MA Basic Firearms Certificate and a GAASP Certificate.
Taught in conjunction with the LTC class, the GAASP program (gun assault accident and suicide prevention) is based on a CDC request to lower incidents of gun-related injuries and deaths. It was created by Boston police Commissioner Will Gross and a blue ribbon panel to specifically address the main cause of gun injury and death, accidents, assaults, and suicide. No new gun owner should be without this training. Upon completion, a certificate will be issued.
- Firearm safety in the home and on the firing range
- Understanding the basics of handling firearms, including parts, nomenclature, and operation
- Identifying and loading/unloading of most common types of handguns
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Cleaning and basic maintenance
- Cost: $150 per person
- Duration: One 4-hour session
- Includes: Classroom and live-fire instruction
- All equipment is provided for the student, but a notepad and pen to take notes are encouraged
- Classes are held in the comfort of a conference room with refreshments included
Please read our Cancellation and Refund Policy before purchasing:
- Cancellations prior to 24 hours before a class are fully refundable or may be rescheduled.
- For the first cancellation within 24 hours of a class, we will accommodate a free rescheduling to a future class but fees are non-refundable.
- Subsequent cancellations within 24 hours of a scheduled class or a no-call/no-show are non-refundable. Rescheduling is available at standard pricing.
- Students who do not pass the live-fire competency assessment will be allowed to schedule a new assessment with the original instructor at a later date or may be refunded.
- Class attendance is limited to 9 + instructor.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early. Late arrivals may need to be rescheduled.
This event is fully booked.