Defensive Tactical Drills is an aggressive live action shooting course for the experienced shooter. It is intended as a skill builder class for an individual who may carry a firearm for self-defense.
|Prerequisites:||Recommended experience includes attending one of the following programs: WSC Concealed Carry Level 2, WSC Practical Shoot, any advanced training from Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson or similar. Contact us if you'd like to discuss your skills with an instructor before registering.|
|Time:||3 hours – all down range shooting|
|Class Size:||8 students max|
- Pistol or revolver suitable for concealed or open carry use
- At least 300 rounds of ammunition
- Strong-side belt holster, either outside or inside the waist band. Holster must be made of plastic, leather or similar materials and must cover the trigger and trigger guard completely when the gun is holstered. No shoulder, cross draw, or pocket holsters allowed.
- Spare magazines or speed loaders. Belt pouches are optional but recommended.
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball cap optional but recommended.
All drills and training are subject to change at the instructor’s discretion, but example drills include things such as:
- Giving verbal commands
- Drawing from the holster
- Shooting from low ready
- Aim and point shooting
- Tactical reloads
- Malfunction clearing
- Shooting on the move
- Engaging multiple targets
- Shooting with strong or weak hand only